Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am sitting at Stornoway airport waiting for my plane ...

I am sitting at Stornoway airport waiting for my plane to Glasgow, then on to Birmingham. Its my first training alone off island since we moved and it is Ron’s turn to look after the kids. In fact it’s his first time he will be on island for a whole week.

I am leaving the most glorious weather, blue skies little wind, its warm and beautiful.

Over the weekend we acquired our first animals a cockerel and 3 hens and they straight away produced 3 eggs for us.

The cockerel is still young but just beginning to find his voice. I have just been to choose a black Labrador/collie cross puppy for Rory and Friday we pick up the puppy and 2 baby guinea pigs; both in the hope that we can entice Rory off the computer and his world of Runescape………….

I am sitting in Glasgow airport waiting for my next flight, this is the reality of being a trainer long journeys at the mercy of airport staff each with their own security rules; stuffy hotels and lonely evenings. Most of the time it certainly ain’t glamorous.

Tomorrow I will be working with 20 people who work for Staffordshire and Shropshire forensic services looking at how we can apply recovery with in their services. This is my fourth 3-day workshop with different staff from the same services. We have had some fantastic discussions and I have been heartened by the creative “can do” attitude of the staff.

No comments: