Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recovery champions in Swansea .. haute cuisine on Lewis and a Birthday Boy ...

Sorry this blog is late it has been a very busy few days.

Ron and I were in Swansea until Thursday night. We were running a 4 day version of Making recovery happen course with 15 participants who wanted to become recovery champions for Swansea. What a group, Swansea is not going to know what has hit it. They were so motivated and passionate , If they are given the space to bloom then Swansea will be a centre of excellence for recovery in a few years time. The group was truely multi-disciplinary with Psychiatrists, nurses, OT’s, a psychologist, social workers, voluntary sector staff and a fabulous support worker and true to form, as we were in Wales, fabulous singers.

I returned to Lewis Friday morning car-less ,with no chance of a hire car wondering how I was going to manage , as Rons family were going to be foot passengers on the evening ferry arriving for Rons 50th birthday bash.

Luckily my very dear friend Seppi came to the rescue and I borrowed her car for the morning, even more luckily Grants garage managed to fix my car by lunchtime so I was able to pick everyone up.

With the help of Seppi’s van we have managed to put up all the family at the house which is pretty incredible seeing the size of our croft house.

Last night 10 of us went for a fantastic meal at Sulair a restaurant in Port of Ness. If you love beautifully presented & cooked modern Scottish food , you must visit Lewis and the restaurant. I think it would be hard put for me and Ron to think of any where in the world we have been and tasted food that was any better.

Today it’s Rons proper birthday so we are all having a big BQ, I think I may stay off the wine though as my head is still throbbing from last night.

1 comment:

mickymoo2 said...

Happy Birthday, Ron!

You don't look a day over 30!