Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sexy Leonard Cohen .... a new piglet .... and the cold realities of being on the road


What a weekend. Leonard Cohen was absolutely amazing. If I have that vigour, sex appeal and stage presence when I reach 73 I will be well happy. He played for nearly 3 hours, the crowd was wonderful, relaxed and friendly, and we ended up in the local pub with a few people we had been sat with.


Ron loved it, sang along, shed a few tears and had a big grin on his face throughout the concert.


Back to reality though, arrived home at 7pm last night and was out of the door by 5.45 this morning, firstly to catch the ferry to Ullapool, drive down to Glasgow, leave the car at the garage to be serviced and now I am waiting for a flight to Birmingham.I have another 3 days with Stafford forensic services; with 20 staff looking at recovery and person centred planning.

Ron is home on childcare duties. He has just informed me we have another 8-week-old female piglet on the way –company for Charlotte. This will be interesting to see how they get on.
I am now on a train travelling from Birmingham to Stafford its ¼ past 8, I have now been travelling for 14 ½ hours, I have a stinking cold, feeling sorry for myself, the plane was late the train was late and I now wont arrive at the hotel until 21.15.


This is definitely the unglamorous part of training. I need bed, a bowl of soup and some lemsip!

Yours in sickness Karen

No comments: